The OC Factory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The OC Factory

A place where people can gather, create and share original characters, and have fun!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mad Science Academy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
venomjack
Security
Security
venomjack

Mad Science Academy Empty
PostSubject: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Venomjack here today marks the first post for here of what i hope to be an entertaining story, content wise there will be five sections called semesters. We'll start with Semester 0; chapter 1, Road trip talk
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thousands of miles of road, the sight of a strange tank-like vehicle tracked through the road of concrete and tar, inside three oddball of people discuss a matter soon to come. “Well, we’re nearing the town, so either finish that poker game, or at least put it on hold you two.” Said a tall man wearing a black lab coat and a black gas mask, known only as Dr. Necro. “OK Doc Necro, I’m almost done wiping the floor with Jack here anyway.” Said by a purple humanoid named Venom. “Man I swear, no matter what card game we play, you always beat me!” Jack was a gray rabbit wearing only an orange Hawaiian shirt. Jack turned his attention to the Doctor and asked “So Doc, whats this thing all about?” The Doctor put the large machine's computer on autopilot to explain everything to jack with out distraction. “It's very simple, we're going to investigate a disturbance at Bellville. Creatures that hunt at night in their town, the folk call these creatures 'the shadows'.” the gray rabbit seemed evenly more confused by Necro's answer and replied “If these things are just a disturbance, then why do we have to investigate it, why not have the police do it like you academy profs usually do?” Dr. Necro gave a big sigh and an annoyed look on his face, which was hard to see due to his gas mask. “that was our original intent, until I received a hair of one of the beast, given to me by some nut believing it could be either bigfoot or the chubacabra. Upon scanning it's DNA I then noticed that it was artificially made meaning only one thing-” Before the Doctor could continue venom abruptly answer “ these creatures were created by a mad scientist!” With that out of his system, Venom let Necro continue his explanation “Correct Venom, as two know, mad scientists have this bad rap for being evil, trying to take over the world and things like that. Centuries now we've tried to rid ourselves of that accursed reputation, of course if these creatures get out of hand, it could turn all those efforts into nothing!” Jack, now understanding the situation said “ Alright then for the sake of mad science, lets hit these freaks like a bloody tornado!”
Necro, enjoying the young hare's spirit replied “ Alright, just let me switch this beauty of a machine to manual so we can slow down and park, I have to say Venom, you did a great on making this vehicle” Venom joyfully replied “Thanks Doc Necro I've worked on this baby all- did you say manual as in it now in autopilot?' The Doctor, reluctantly answered “ Yes, why do you ask?” Venom gulped and quickly went to the control panel “Remember when I said that was still one bug in the system, well when the autopilot is on.....it doesn't turn off.” Hearing the news
Necro panicked and joined venom in trying to turn off the auto pilot, Jack just simply got into a seat and buckled up. He said to himself “Is it sad that I saw this coming.”

well i hoped you enjoyed the first chapter i'll post the next one later on until then SEEYA
farao
Back to top Go down
Joseph Staleknight
Founder
Founder
Joseph Staleknight

PostSubject: Re: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Pretty excellent story, man. The punchline was really funny, and most of all the characters are good for comedy standards. The only suggestion I'd have is to proofread it for style errors, other than that it's good.

Anyone else want to talk about this?
Back to top Go down
https://ocfactory.forumotion.com
venomjack
Security
Security
venomjack

PostSubject: Re: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:16 pm

i'm actually planning on fixing it up and turning it into an ebook. and thanks on liking it
Back to top Go down
Joseph Staleknight
Founder
Founder
Joseph Staleknight

PostSubject: Re: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:01 am

You're welcome, man.
Back to top Go down
venomjack
Security
Security
venomjack

PostSubject: Re: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:22 pm

I'm glad to see that everyone has enjoyed the first chapter. Now allow me to post semestor 0 chapter 2 "get equipped" enjoy
The crash had seemed like almost nothing for the prepared rabbit. Jack opened his eyes to see the tank in ruin. The rabbit checked everything to see if their equipment was intact. Everything was surprisingly in order. The only things that were missing were Venom and Dr. Necro. “Aw man, where are those guys?” Jack remembered that they were trying to switch the tank’s computer to manual before the crash. “If I did my math right. They may have gone through the windshield when we crashed.” Of course the young rabbit was correct. There were two holes in the windshield and it seemed that what ever broke it came from the inside. “See!?!? This is exactly why people need to wear seatbelts no matter what!!” he paused for a moment and said “Why do I keep talking to myself?” Jack decided to peer out of the tank to asset the outside damages. He looked outside and he gave a quick sigh of relief. It appeared that they crashed into the forest area of Bellville. “At least we won’t get arrested for wrecking the town or anything.” Jack came out of the tank with a large suitcase, and began the search for his friends. That search didn’t last long though. Venom and the Doctor were only a few feet face down from the tank. The rabbit sarcastically greeted them “Well good morning you sleepy heads. Would you like your eggs sunny side ‘down’ for your breakfast?” “Oh shut up you annoying little rabbit, I’m in no mood right now.” Venom barked as he got back on his feet. “Jack did any of the equipment get damaged?” Necro guiltily asked.
“Don’t worry Necro, everything is all right.” Jack assured. “Not every thing you moron!!!!” Venom Barked as he panicked over the wrecked spider tank. “Do you realize how long I’ve been working on this thing? All the time I could have relaxing, playing my games, and watching hilarious internet videos….. WASTED!!! I would have shown them all at the academy of what I could really do, but thanks to the one little bug I never got the chance to fix. All my efforts have been rui...” Before Venom had the chance to continue, jack replied “don’t you remember that you installed a nanite powered repair system into the tank?” In the realization of this, Venom began to blush in embarrassment. “Of course I remember. I was simply testing you two.” The others didn’t believe it but said they did. “Alright let’s prep our weapons for any hostile encounters we have with the beasts.” Necro said while he got his weapon of choice from the large suitcase Jack had gotten. His weapon was a large scythe embedded with nanites, allowing him to cut through anything he pleases. Venom got out two orange gauntlets from the suit case “what can those pathetic things do?” Necro asked. Venom simply pointed one of the gauntlets up and pulled the trigger. A saw-blade like projectile shot from the gauntlets with fast speeds. Venom then replied “This beauty is one of my own designs. Neat huh?” Necro said “Yeah. Sure. What ever.” Jack hesitated to get his weapon for a moment. “I know it’s been awhile since I last wielded you. All this time apart has been somewhat torture to me. With that I have to say is ‘welcome back old friend!” The young rabbit wield frightening arm cannon. The metal was painted a coal like black, and its muzzle was curved and jagged like teeth. Once everyone was set, they split up to cover more ground. Necro had taken the wetlands near the forest. Venom to ground of the forest and jack took to the treetops. Necro scanned the swamp-like region for any unregistered animals. The only thing he could find was a duck and her ducklings. Venom had the same amount of luck but finding a small fox kit. Jack jumped from branch to branch as he was talking to himself. “Man this bites! Why do I get the one area where something the supposed size of big foot can even get…to….” Before Jack could continue he was tackled and sent falling to the ground. The rabbit was able to land on his feet with no injury but came face to face with a monstrous creature. The beast was doglike in body structure, but its muzzle bared a resemblance to Jack’s cannon. The creature’s fur was as black as night, and its eyes were as bright as the full moon’s glow. The monstrosity howled like neither beast nor man has ever heard. The young rabbit slowly went for a button on his walky talky to alert his friends. When Venom and Necro arrived venom exclaimed “what in frozen heck is going” the beast turned its attention the Venom and leaped towards him. In response the Purple nightmare shot out some nano blades to strike beast, but the blade seem nearly nothing to the beast. Necro screamed out “I’ll take care of this!” He jumped up to slice the monster in the back, but the creature jumped out the way. Before Necro could counter the beast slashed his chest with its mighty claws. Jack, angered by this began firing his cannon at the beast. Somehow the shadow dodge almost every shot the young rabbit shot, and the ones that made their mark had nearly no effect. The beast grabbed Jack and was prepared to devour the young rabbit. Venom shot a saw blade to get the beast’s attention. This tactic had angered the monstrosity and began attacking Venom yet again. Jack, catching his breath, began thinking to himself “How is that thing dodging our attacks?!?!? It’s impossible for it to see every attack. The only way that could work if it had…” The young rabbit had the answer and signaled a ceasefire on the shadow. Necro immediately followed the signal. Venom shot a couple of distraction shots to lead off the beast. “What’s with the ceasefire Jack?” asked Venom. Jack quietly replied “I think that thing is using sonic sonar or something. That’s the only I can think of that can let it evade us like that.” Necro commented “he does have a good point. With this knowledge we can destroy the beast. Jack can you sneak your way to the beast and finish it off?” Jack replied “I believe a good shot in the neck can do it.” The young rabbit tip toed to the beast and aimed for the neck. All that could be heard was a big bang. Jack came back and noted “The deed is done.” Necro commented “Good Work now all we need to do now is find its creator.” Venom asked “How pray tell do we do that?” The Doctor commented “I have no idea…” The trio went off in what had seemed to be a wild goose chase to find and sign of the shadow’s creator
Back to top Go down
Joseph Staleknight
Founder
Founder
Joseph Staleknight

PostSubject: Re: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Pretty cool, man. I'm sure that whoever made that destructive beast was up to no good.
Back to top Go down
venomjack
Security
Security
venomjack

PostSubject: Re: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:31 pm

you'd think so huh?
Back to top Go down
venomjack
Security
Security
venomjack

PostSubject: Re: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:59 am

Well for those who've been waiting for the next chapter here it is semestor 0; chapter "castle crashing"
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The Mad trio paid close attention to their surroundings to find a trail left by the shadow. “Why are we retracing the steps of a blind monstrosity?” Venom asked as they looked around “Shouldn’t we just ask the town folk?” Necro replied “If we did that, my impatient friend, they’ll just think that that beast was made for evil and start a riot against us!” Jack agreeing said “That’s right and besides there’s more than way to see; look over there.” Jack pointed at a tree with a claw mark on it. The scratch appeared to have been made by the shadow sometime ago. “See what I mean? If we keep following these scratch marks; we’ll find the scientist.”

Sometime later; the trio had found an active castle. Necro, in awe said “this is an amazing sight to behold.” Venom agreed with the Doctor. Jack simply replied “I’ve seen better, if you ask me.” The trio huddled up to discuss a plan of action. “Alright we need someone to sneak in, and activate the draw bridge to let the other two in.” Said Necro. Venom argued “How are we going to do that? there’s no visible way in!!!” Jack replied “I saw an open entrance to a sewer system.” Only a second later, Jack and Necro said in unison “NOT IT!!!” Venom responded “Not- Dang it!!!” Mumbling to himself about the ‘not it’ fad; he went into the sewer system.

While the other two waited; Necro was pondering to himself “Something isn’t right here. We should’ve encountered more of those shadows by now. If it’s creator wanted to take over he/she would’ve had more of those beasts out. Could the one shadow have escaped?”

The draw bridge lowered to see the angered Venom “You two owe me BIG TIME!” Jack replied “I’ll remember that when there’s a beast that needs slaying.” The three entered the castle and were at awe at the design of the medieval style castle. “Alright, alright already! Let’s try to remember why we’re here.” Necro said. The trio decided to split up to cover more ground and to find the castle’s owner more swiftly.

Necro follow the hallway into the castle’s kitchen. “perhaps now a good time to get a quick bite to eat. I haven’t eaten anything since we got into the forest.” The good doctor went into the fridge and got a slice of cake. Instead of taking off his gas mask; Necro unscrewed one of the filters and stuffed the slice into the open hole.

Venom walked through a straight corridor decorated by suits of armor. The nightmarish being thought to himself “Finding this creep should be a piece a cake. When I was forced to go through those accursed sewers I saw absolutely no booby traps of any kind. If this Scientist wasn’t intelligent enough to put in any kind of traps in the one hole in his/her security; then the rest of the castle should be….” Venom unknowingly tripped and an arrow trap and barely misses him. Venom gulped and thought “Me and my big mouth.” He carefully took an another step and activated a sharp pendulum. “Hold on. Maybe I should go back and find another route.” He turned around and tripped yet another trap. Only this time is was a large boulder. Venom quietly said “Why me?”

Jack walked through a small corridor bored out of his wits. “This is really not a job for someone with such a small attention span. Perhaps instead of having to find the scientist; I’ll have him find me.” The young rabbit took out an ocarina with a marvelous design. “A good tune should get his attention, but what should I play. I know I’ll play the song my mom sung to me to get me to sleep.” Jack sat down and began to play a beautiful song that drifted through the halls. Each note sounding like it came from a songbird. Jack enjoyed playing this lullaby, until he heard the sheer yapping coming from a small dog. He saw a black little fur ball galloping to him. The dog like thing stopped right at Jack’s feet. “Not exactly what I expected but its still a nice surprise.” The young rabbit knelt down to pet the cut little creature; this caused it to wag its puffy tail. “Aren’t you adorable? For some reason you remind me of something else I’ve seen.” Jack quickly analysed the dog-like animal. It’s fur was as black as coal. It’s eyes were as bright as the moon’s light. The thing’s ears were like those of a bat. Only one other thing could be matched to the creature that sat before the rabbit. “You must be related to the Shadow somehow. I should show you to Necro; he’ll confirm it. Wait! Is this mini shadow blind as well?” He waved his hands in front of the small beast and had gotten more response. “What to do, what to do? I know!” He brought his ocarina to his mouth and played a marching tune and marched away with the creature following. They marched to find the good doctor Necro.

there you go hope you enjoy. I've spread it out a little bit more to make it a little bit easier to read, and for future notes when a character is alone or is the only character that can speak english any speech belongs to them. POP QUIZ! the last two chapter names have been game references. name the games that i've reference for the chapter 2 and 3 titles
Back to top Go down
Joseph Staleknight
Founder
Founder
Joseph Staleknight

PostSubject: Re: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Easy. #2 is Mega Man and #3 is Castle Crashers.

Anyway, can't wait to see what the gang finds out from the creature!
Back to top Go down
venomjack
Security
Security
venomjack

PostSubject: Re: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:01 am

Amazing. i originally posted this story in a gaming forum and they still haven't figured it out yet.
Back to top Go down
venomjack
Security
Security
venomjack

PostSubject: Re: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Well i've finnally got around in typing up the fourth chapter. in this little chapter we meet a mad scientist to be.
Semestor 0; chapter 4 The Girl gone Batty
While Jack Rabbit and the little shadow searched for Necro; the good doctor raiding the castle's fridge. “Man this smoothy is good. Kinda surprised that it's made with pumpkin. While enjoying the fridge's bounty; Necro heard a noise. He turned around to see a young bat girl holding a frying pan. Necro calmly said “Hello my name is Necro i'm just here to” The bat to a whack to the doctor and yelled “ You're here to kill my precious shadey!! Just like you killed that mistake I made!!!” Necro exclaimed “Your mistake?!?!?” She replied “ Yes MY mistake. I've always wanted to go into mad science, and i've always been lonely in this accursed castle. So I learned everything I could to do it right, but instead I made that monster you saw. I double check everything I did the first time, fixed sound problems and tried again. Only this time I made a smaller, and more playful creature. I was going to kill that other freak, but the thing got out.” The girl feel to knees crying out “Please don't kill my baby Shadey. He's the only thing to family I got! Please don't kill him!” The little dog like creature came to her with Jack behind his tail. “ Hey Necro take a look at what I.... Um what's going on here?” The good doc Necro analysed the dog and gave a quick chuckle. “Don't worry young lady. Your young shadey is safe. In fact..” Necro took off his gas mask revealing his mouth was stitched up to the mandible. This action caused the young rabbit to faint. The Doctor continued “i think you are one of the smartest people in this world. Millions of mad scientists have had to do 40 to 50 attempts until they made a successful creature. I was wondering if you want to improve on your knowledge of mad biological science?”
The Young bat simply gave the good doctor a hug and said “Yes I do!!” Necro replied “Well then you can come with us when we go back to the Mad Science Academy. By the way We didn't get your name.” the young bat exclaimed “My name is Oni.”

After waking up Jack and calming him down they left the castle to the hopefully repaired Spider tank. Jack said “Doesn't it feel like we forgot something.” The group heard a large explosion coming from the castle. While they looked at a large fire at the castle; a small something fell right at there feet. The thing was a charred Venom. Jack asked “What the heck happened out there!?!?” Venom got up and started to exclaim “Well I trip a crappy amount of booby traps, and then this bob-omb wannabe went up behind me and went KA-BLAMO!!! The next thing I remembered is just getting up.” Everyone just stared at the burning remains of the castle until Jack broke the silence “So...... do you have a zombie plan Oni?” Everyone joined the conversation and Necro introduced Oni to Venom and vica versa. The kept on talking until thry reached the tank. They continued until they heard Something Screech “YOU BIG *&$%#” they saw this array of nanites formed to fog like humanoid. “We were made only for small Repairs NOT COMPLETE REMAKES!” The Thing went up and Punched out Venom. “Sooooooo looooong Ya $#@#$!!!!!” The still conscious crew just stood there and Necro commented “We will never speak of this and if that THING pops up we will deny anything.” Everyone said “Agreed!” With that they dragged Venom to the spider tank to go off and go to the MSA

well i hope you've enjoyed this chapter and for those who are following the little references i've been putting in here can tell me what machinima i've reference with zombie plans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mad Science Academy   Mad Science Academy Clock10

Back to top Go down

Mad Science Academy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The OC Factory :: The Studio :: Literature-
Jump to: